Salina Area Community Services Council
Saline County Awarded Federal Emergency Food & Shelter Funds
as funds are awarded
Saline County Back To School Fair 2016
Click here for a PDF of our current English Community Resource Guide
Click here for a PDF of our current Spanish Community Resource Guide
1125 E Iron, 823-3113, 800-550-4900
Central Kansas Extension District #3
300 W. Ash, 309-5850
Central Kansas Mental Health Center
809 Elmhurst, 823-6322
Commission on Aging, 245 N. Ninth, 827-9818
Consumer Credit Counseling Service, Inc.
1201 W. Walnut, 827-6731
Disability Planning Organization of Kansas, Inc.
119 W. Iron, 4th Floor, 823-3173
Emergency Aid-Food Bank
255 S. Chicago, 827-7111
Habitat for Humanity
Heartland Early Education/Head Start
700 Jupiter, 309-5000
Hospice of Salina
730 Holly Lane, 825-1717
Infant Child Development Program
501 S Santa Fe, 452-6050
Kansas Children’s Service League
800-CHILDREN (Parents Helpline)
Kansas Commission on Veterans Affairs
1410 E. Iron, Suite 1, 823-2862
Kansas Dept. for Children and Families
901 Westchester, Suite A, 826-8000
Live at Home Solutions
245 N Ninth Street, 823-1767
The Midland Group
631 E. Crawford, Suite 209, 309-2200
- 800-909-6791, (Social Security Disability)
New Start Life Skills
1125 W. South, 827-2800
1710 W. Schilling Road, 827-9383
- Transportation, 827-9383 day/826-7747 evening and weekend
Prairie Land Food
800-298-1989 (Nutritious food, eat more for less)
509 E. Elm, 825-0541
Salina Child Care Association
Salina Workforce Center
203 N. 10th, 827-0385
- WIC & Nursing Clinic Services, 625 E. North, 826-6602
- Health Services, 148 N. Oakdale Ave., 826-6600
Salina Adult Education Center
2620 Centennial Rd., 309-4660
Salina Housing Authority
469 S. 5, 827-0441
Salina Regional Health Center
452-7000; ER, 452-7161
Salina Rescue Mission
1716 Summers Road, 823-2610
Sunflower Adult Day Services
401 W Iron Ave, 823-6666
The Purpose of the Council:
- To identify the needs and resources of the community as they relate to the social, physical, and mental well-being of the citizens.
- To encourage and develop coordination among civic groups, churches, organizations, and agencies to meet the identified needs.
- To promote public education on social service needs and resources in the community.
- To develop Council positions regarding significant issues relating to the development and/or delivery of social services at the City, County, State and National levels; and to communicate those positions to the appropriate persons or organizations.
Regular meeting location is the Salina Senior Center, 245 N Ninth, Second Floor Board Room. Attendees may purchase a meal for around $4 or bring their own lunches. Meeting location and time subject to change based on the consensus of participants and community events.
Please share the invitation to participate. These meetings are open to the public and all are invited.
Contact the Salina Area United Way for more information