SALINA AREA UNITED WAY!
Have you ever wanted to jump right in? Volunteering with the Salina Area United Way is a great way to get actively engaged in your community. No matter if you are an area youth, working adult, or senior citizen, there is always an opportunity for you to partner with United Way.
We have many projects and volunteer needs throughout the year!
We have had volunteers:
- Read to area elementary schools
- Assist with office and computer work
- Move the BIG RED letters and host a SAUW booth for change for change
- Sort and help distribute school supplies to local schools
- Assemble and package literacy kits for incoming Kindergarteners
- Serve as Board Members and on committees ranging from community impact to finanance to campaign and everything in between
- Coordinate businesses, individuals, agencies, and community members in year-round United Way fundraising and campaigning
...and much more!
Everyone has valuable experiences that demonstrate a vast array of skills, knowledge and expertise. You are no different. You have something that will make the SAUW a better organization.
Lara Duran, Outreach Coordinator for Salina Area Technical College, has volunteered as an advocate for the 2013 Salina Area United Way Workplace Campaign, and currently serves on the Resource Development Committee
"In my first year volunteering to help with the Workplace Campaign, I found the experience to be a unique way to expand my own professional network, give back to my community, and to support what I am fortunate to do for a living (outreach to families and students in need of extra support).
Thank you for the opportunity to serve!"
Daniel Craig, Saline County Tobacco Use Prevention Program Coordinator, currently volunteers as a member of Salina Area United Way's Measurement Committee and United Priority Cabinet.
“When you volunteer for your community you always receive far more than you can ever give. You will learn, develop friendships, and be amazed at how many passionate and dedicated people are in the community.”
Kristin Nulik, Human Resources Manager at Bergkamp, Inc., currently volunteers on the Salina Area United Way Board of Directors, and serves as HR chair.
"Volunteering with SAUW allows me to meet others in the community that share my values and interests, and enables me to give back to my community in ways that I do best."
call (785)827-1312 or click here to inquire about current volunteers needs and opportunities.